"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways saith the LORD."

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Joy of Teaching

I feel so blessed. Today was my first day teaching at the elementary school. I was a little nervous the first time I stood before the students. But, I had such a great time! I always have a great time teaching children. The first class was a group of 2nd graders. According to Mrs. Hay, this class can sometimes be a handful. However, I did not realize that until after I taught them. They were not too hard to control. I actually had their attention the entire class period! It was amazing! She even commented how I had their attention. I just wanted to praise the Lord for that. I know that much of that is due to the fact that I had an opportunity to watch Mrs. Hay and other teachers control their classrooms. I have been able to gain more insight and "tools" about classroom management than I have ever gleaned from before. It has been a great experience so far. I am learning how to handle various class grades and their level in music. It has become very obvious to me that this school was the school God wanted me to student teach in. Mrs. Hay and I have a great time together. We had a chance to team teach a class and we worked so well together. The other teachers and principal has made me feel right at home. Within a public school, you don't often feel that way. I know that I haven't always felt that way in some schools I have done field work. There are some things that I don't agree with and there is an atmosphere that is worldly, but overall, I couldn't have asked for a better school, a better team of teachers than the one's that are at Mill Elementary school. The other classes I taught were fun and each class had a different personality. It is a blessing to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment